Suppose any gangs "crashed" the conclave without an invitati

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Scurvy Dog

Suppose any gangs "crashed" the conclave without an invitati

Post by Scurvy Dog »

Here's something I've wondered from time to time - although it would be possible, would it be likely that any gangs "crashed" the conclave, having heard about it "on the streets"?

I've sometimes wondered if the Rogues weren't even invited. You would think a gang that had it as together as the Riffs would do a little homework before inviting a psychopath like Luther and his Rogues. And Luther did shoot Cyrus for no reason other than he just like doing things like that. A nutcase like that would be crazy enough to just show up, too.

There were probably other gangs there too that weren't invited but showed up to see what it was all about, figuring nobody would check for an invite (which didn't happen, at least not onscreen).

Your thoughts on this?

adam88

Re: Suppose any gangs "crashed" the conclave without an invi

Post by adam88 »

Interesting observation.  But, its hard for me to pin point it, but theres something about the riffs, that made me feel as if they had the eyes of a hawk.  Meaning that they somehow can see, or for that matter hear if anything is out of the ordinary.  I always pictured them as men with an ability that was out of the ordinary.  Now, yes they are not perfect, after all Luther snuck the gun in, ans assinated Cyrus.  But as for uninvited gangs, I gind of have to say know.  I have that feeling as if the riffs would have a natural feeling of a distortion amongst the gangs.  Who knows, good topic you made up.

the wigan warrior
Warrior

Post by the wigan warrior »

I always wondered what the police would have done with the gang members they caught. Would they have enough room? What would they have done about rival gang members in the same cells? hmmm

nice point by the way.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/66ext/2wfn1qu.jpg[/img]

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

I think the riffs were too well organised to let that happen. The conclave was something that would have took a lot of planning.  Im using the book for comparison; all the gangs were guided into the meeting at specifc times and locations so they wouldnt clash with any known rivals.  I would have thought there would be groups of riffs all over the park (although why none of them saw the police approach, i'll never know) to welcome invited guests and convince unwanted gangs to turn away.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

papa arnold

Post by papa arnold »

well as you said scurvy luther and the rogues might not have been invited and i back you on that one because i remmber reading somwhere (i cant remeber where) that it says their a bunch of punks and outcasts
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6373/20255849yq4.jpg[/img][/url]AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE PAPA ARNOLD SAYS SO!!!!!

Warriorfan54321

Post by Warriorfan54321 »

people masai was sent to invite the most popular gangs in the city, and only the most popular the guys at the conclave would of been the only knowing people of it, as the riffs must of sworn them to a word of secrecy when they told them. So for all we know the riffs didn't tell luther maybe they told a rogue they could trust.
GET A DREAM HOLD ONTO IT AND SHOOT FOR THE SKY

Warriorfan54321

no way man if every gang in the city wants to take down a gang just because the riffs requested it even though it was wrong im sure they wouldn't refuse a big meeting that would change the face of new york.

Baby Bear

Post by Baby Bear »

Im sure that any gangs attempted to crash the invitation meeting the Riffs will most likely waste them. Thats what I think its plain and simple.

Swan 1979

Post by Swan 1979 »

I dont know
[img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/swan197/swan1979.jpg[/img]

zulumuscle

Post by zulumuscle »

Man,Id like to say for the most part things like,(Info),get around, people talk its almost a small world when it comes to the same your thing your into wit others.Alls it takes is one bad Apple.Forever Soldierin.

POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I agree with Copperhead.  If any uninvited gang showed up and tried to muscle their way in, they would be dealt with and japped on the spot (wasted).  Then, I, or um the RIffs would send a convoy to remind them of their insurrection and give them a second beat down in their own turf. :o)
Film Quote: "When you have to shoot, shoot; don't talk." - Tuco(The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly)

rembrandt33

Post by rembrandt33 »

Yeah, thats a cool thought. Who knows, maybe Luther lied and was asked to kill Cyrus.
Ill shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle.

[url=http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brownbrickwalltileableoi9.jpg][img]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3447/brownbrickwalltileableoi9.th.jpg[/img][/url]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

id have crashed the conclave! too right id want to know whats going on
S.Ritson

Warriorfan54321

The thing is if it was planned to be crashed why wouldn't they have done it earlier
but here's another theor maybe a gang didnt want to crash a party by themselves so they called the cops, this would probably help out with luther just killing Cyrus. He could of called the cops they come he shotos Cyrus the cops arerst a bunch of gangs, and The Warriors get the Cyrus shooting blamed on them. Perfect plan for Luther isn't it.

SwanFury

Post by SwanFury »

its seems to smart for luther to plan anything out that elaborate. it could have been the riffs plan just to tell a few because they knew that it would eventually trickle down to lower gangs. and im sure that out of all those gangs in the city that some had ties with the police. like in the game when the jones street boys were mingling with the cops. im sure plenty of gangs "crashed" the conclave but im wondering if thats what the riffs wanted. more people to spread the idea.