Planned or Not?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
adam88

Planned or Not?

Post by adam88 »

I have a question on Luther.  Sometimes I wonder, being that Luther was so psychotic, do you think that maybe the Assassination of Cyrus was a spur of the moment thing?  Perhaps Luther was just simply the type to sneak a gun, because of his own paranoia.  He was someone who just lived to raise hell.  You know everything he came across, especially something positive just simply decayed and died.  So I wonder, was the assassination planned, or was he just bored and figured, "what the heck, I am bored and already snuck a gun in, so let me just kill this guy, and see how far it esculates".  Luther is someone who just lives for pure chaos, so was this planned ahead, or did he think of it as he went along?

eliminator1

Re: Planned or Not?

Post by eliminator1 »

I think it was pre planned, and also that there is more to it than Luthers rather vague "I just like doing things like that" explanation for killing Cyrus. My own theory is that he didn't want Cyrus's plan to go ahead because he didn't like the idea of him and his gang being used for something bigger with someone else calling the shots, and since the Rogues are a small outfit (imo not much bigger than the Orphans), bigger gangs would get priority over them.

molotov

Post by molotov »

There are currently two posts that ask the exact same question.

The answer:  yes, it was planned.

Lion

Post by Lion »

I think it wasn't.  The thing that gets me is, what if he had gotten caught.  I don't think he gave it a thought, he just went for it.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well, I just think it was planned... even because I don't think that a gang like the rogues got a gun to the conclave, knowing Riffs word was: all the gangs not packed!
What I mean is: luther is maybe more crazy than coward or viceversa :?, his men weren't surely epic warriors, so all of them wouldn't have taken a risk like that if they hadn't planned Cyrus shooting!!! 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

adam88

Post by adam88 »

yeah some of you have a point on it being planned.  Who knows maybe it was a combination of both.  Like I stated before, first Luther was the type to bring down any type of wisdom and organization such as Cyrus's, and also have fun at the same time.  So perhaps one minute it was planned, and in another perspective of Luther, "it was just Tuesday".  Good theory's everyone.

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well adam88, after all your idea goes togheter mine. (Is luther still deciding?)
I mean, luther planned it, but his mind doesn't guarantee coherence not even 4 himself!!!
So it seems he's still deciding 1 second before Cyrus incoming.......or....... 1 minute it was surely planned and then "it was just tuesday".
Anyway very interesting theories!!! 8)
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

didnt seem to take much planning so maybe it was the spur of the moment
S.Ritson

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Good question. I would say it was planned, simply because of the way the gun got silently passed along the line to Luther who you could immediately see in his eyes what he was about to do. I don't think Luther gave it a second thought that he would be caught, as I think he intended to pass the blame on to an innocent bystander.

I don't understand why Luther hung around after he shot him though, since Cleon goes walking over a minute or two after he gets shot and Luther is still there with Cropsey. I would say Luther had no fear, but then you see him whining at the end on the beach. Would it have been better if Luther was egging Swan  and the Riffs on, saying "come on if you are hard enough" or suchlike?
The one and only!

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

luthor was never going to take the blame for it no matter what, he was always going to blame someone else and the fox saw him, and cleon was stood their he knew the warriors would know
S.Ritson

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

I was wondering if we could find the definitive answer thanks to another question... who's luther talking to? (ther's a topic about by "back2coney"  http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=490.0 )
I mean I suppose luther was talking to real Cyrus shooting "mind"!
So if he chanced his mind or not (my theory) even if it was already planned (your topic), after checking that phone call, I think we can sure affirm there was definitely a plan. 8)

adam88

Post by adam88 »

I am really feeling your answers everyone.  I most definatley agree with it being a plan.  Its not that Luther was such a smart and strategic man, but rather a psychotic who plans something, and could care less, abot the consequences.  Thats everyone.

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

and he just likes doing things like that which proves hes wrong in the head
S.Ritson