Historical Evolution

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
adam88

Historical Evolution

Post by adam88 »

I was just thinking of a theory on historical repetition.  Is it true that "history inevitably repeats itself'?  We all see that it is obvious that Walter Hills Waarriors is a modern version of the battle of cunuxa.  I just mereley want peoples interpretations on the symbolsim of history.  Metaphorically speaking, history always manages to repeat itself in some modern form.  For instance, space travel is a continuation of incountering new lands.  Race car driving is a continuation of chariot racing.  First comes the real Cyrus of Iran, Ghandi, and then Dr. King.  We see that instead of swords, the warriors fight with bats.  Can anyone else give examples of how society evolves into old versions of the past?

Baby Bear

Re: Historical Evolution

Post by Baby Bear »

How about when people used to fight with fist but now they would fight with guns. Im understanding where your going with this but its hard for me to think up more stuff.

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

i cant think of other stuff either, but maybe history repeats itself but more modern now, as times change and stuff and ppl do things in different ways but i cnt give an example but probs does though
S.Ritson

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

In Ancient Greek and Roman ages, during the games "Olimpiade" (Olimpyc Games) and "Giochi del Colosseo" (Colosseum Games) people stopped everything: wars, everyday activities, every working activities... everything!!!
Today it's almost the same... well the World cannot just stop every its activity, sure... but if you need 4 istance an electrician during World Cup Football/Soccer Final, NO CHANCE!!!! All of them are home watching the match!!! 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

adam88

Post by adam88 »

I appreciate the feed back everyone.  It doesn't matter, whatever you all can contribute, I am more than happy to read.  Thanks.

Baby Bear

Post by Baby Bear »

I got another one...When people would use salt in Ghana to perserve their foods but today people would use refrigerators to save their foods. Thats good example.

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

now we use salt for our chips haha!
S.Ritson