The WoodWall

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
The Swan

The WoodWall

Post by The Swan »

Hi guys, I didn't find it, let's hope it hasn't already posted!

Now, when The Warriors ran away from the conclave they broke out the fence, finding theirselves in the graveyard. It was anyway a good wayout! I know it's the movie, but why didn't other gang members follow them? I mean, if you check that scene a lot of guys saw them.
Plus, I don't know other park's waysout... but it seems like if other guys went toward the police... almost running away from The Warriors! What I mean is that it would have been a good wayout 4 everybody... then every gang would have followed its own way.
So, I repeat I know it's the movie, but it seems a little bit strange to me!!!
What are your thoughts?

[glow=red,2,300]Yeah, I'm a Warrior![/glow] 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Lion

Re: The WoodWall

Post by Lion »

I think with some much chaos they didn't pay that good of attention.  Maybe they did find it after a while.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

I have actually subconciously thought this myself.  It's interesting in that, The Rogues say The Warriors did it, and then we see them running towards the fence. Whilst they are running to it, you can see several gang members shouting at them, and directing other people as to the direction in which they are running. I would have at least thought a few people would follow them through.

It also amazes me how quiet the graveyard is. I would have expected to see maybe a few gang members running around in the background. This is what I love about the game - on levels such as the one during the riots, there are gang members running around frantically everywhere.
The one and only!

Tantive7
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Tantive7 »

War Chief wrote: I have actually subconciously thought this myself.  It's interesting in that, The Rogues say The Warriors did it, and then we see them running towards the fence. Whilst they are running to it, you can see several gang members shouting at them, and directing other people as to the direction in which they are running. I would have at least thought a few people would follow them through.

It also amazes me how quiet the graveyard is. I would have expected to see maybe a few gang members running around in the background. This is what I love about the game - on levels such as the one during the riots, there are gang members running around frantically everywhere.

I'll tell you this much,if these gangs,The Police,not to mention The Riffs,
were looking for Warriors,I'm not sticking around to face an entire Army,
I would be gone.. And I would drag my Boy's with me too..
I would clear anything in my way..including that Woodwall..
[glow=red,2,300]COME ON!!!!!![/glow]
[center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/lastof7t.jpg[/img][img]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6186/bret23bo.gif[/img][url=http://www.myspace.com/tantive7]http://www.myspace.com/tantive7[/url]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

ive tried searching but to no avail but i know ive mentioned this in another thread, but yeah i wondered why other gang members didnt follow seemed a good way out well it was, if you look when the camara goes on them smashing through the wood u will notice someone else was behind them as if they wanted to get out to. they was literally going in circles well they were lol thats how it was filmed.

anyway interesting point
S.Ritson

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well thanks to everybody 4 your opinion. :D

Tantive7 I didn't mean the other Gangs, the Police and the Riffs were looking 4 The Warriors.
I meant that some gang could have followed them, cause that one was maybe the best wayout from that chaos! Then, everyone would have followed his own way.
Even because, as we've seen, nobody still knew about "The Warriors did it!!!"(Even if it's false). 8)
Anyway good still, I'm 4 real!!! 8) 
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Darken

Post by Darken »

I do appologize if i have more than the limit posting but I thought I would like to answer this persons question. About the wodden wall that your asking on gang members escaping..

Actually alot of the gang members might have escaped you dont see any gang members escaping through the wooden wall because 1. the camera is focused on The Warriors escaping and shows only them escaping 2. It shows a far distance shot of all of the gang members running all over the place when you can actualy see alot of them escaping outside the concave area.

Which is also one of the reasons why you do not see any gang members helping The Warriors break the wall because they dont want to risk getting "wrecked" when they have the riot cops to worry about so they find another way out.

All in all of the gangs probably did follow The Warriors way out even if you didnt actually see them running out of it doesnt mean they didnt.

You do notice alot of the gang members climbing over walls railings etc. so very likely they escaped through the wooden wall. There is no question about that. So very likely they escaped that way. It also likely using that escape route they wouldnt exactly be at the grave because there is more than just one way around there other than the graveyard, The Warriors just happend to stumble through it.

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Very good point.  I always thought that it was just plan luck that they stumbled apon it.  You know I also had this theory about the warriors not being part of societys so called "system".  I truly believe that they did not think, or act like other gangs.  They were all individually unique, and carried out the gang as something special.  Symbolicly, if you look at all the gangs running in the same formation, you will all notice that they seem to be part of the same way of thinking, and the same way of understanding.  While metaphorically speaking, the warriors seem to be above and beyond that, thus having their own way of thinking.  I guess you could say that they thought outside of the box, and read in between the lines, making them the only ones to notice the "obvious".

Lion

Post by Lion »

I think the reason they were "outsiders" is because I don't think they had been around long enough to get sucked into the whole gang system yet.  They do have a uniquesness and that way of thinking is what made them find that wood wall and get throught the night.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

adam88 wrote: Very good point.  I always thought that it was just plan luck that they stumbled apon it.  You know I also had this theory about the warriors not being part of societys so called "system".  I truly believe that they did not think, or act like other gangs.  They were all individually unique, and carried out the gang as something special.  Symbolicly, if you look at all the gangs running in the same formation, you will all notice that they seem to be part of the same way of thinking, and the same way of understanding.  While metaphorically speaking, the warriors seem to be above and beyond that, thus having their own way of thinking.  I guess you could say that they thought outside of the box, and read in between the lines, making them the only ones to notice the "obvious".
yeah maybe your right on that one, the other gangs seemed dumb lol, but cleon  told them tro run that way against the crowds which shows he has brain maybe he was like a teacher to the other warriors aswell
S.Ritson