fanfic comp- round 1-match 1 SW VS SKULLBOY13

Warriors fan fiction created by members of the forum.
the lady warrior

fanfic comp- round 1-match 1 SW VS SKULLBOY13

Post by the lady warrior »

ok guys this is the first round

here is your topic: the heavy brawlers

it can be about anything BUT IT MUST BE WARRIORS-RELEATED guys.

you will get a week to do it, so you must have your stories posted up by this friday at 5:00pm gmt!!

also one last thing as the good ole nazzac would say qaulity over qauntity and enjoy yourself's with this and no need to rush it, it can be as long as you want.

oh and one last thing the stories you write must be posted on this thread guys and after youse have posted them up and given people a chance to read them, they will be a vote and then i will organise round 2. peaceout boppers 8)

Suburban Warlord

Re: fanfic comp- round 1-match 1 SW VS SKULLBOY13

Post by Suburban Warlord »

My apologies to our sponsorette, and my worthy contestant. I cannot finish my
story by the appointed time, but I will post up the first part. It is a good chunk of
the story. I hope it will serve as a down payment on what is due. I will finish it off
this Saturday (PST).

ALL HALLOW's EVE

by Suburban Warlord

October 31st, 1974...somewhere in Brooklyn, NYC...

Cleon and his war party made their way up along Stillwell Avenue towards Avenue X. None of
the young bloods had wheels, so they went on foot. It wasn't a long walk to Marlboro Playground
anyhow, and the walk would warm them up for the rumble with the youngsters from Gravesend.

If Cleon's older brother Ares found out about this, he would get his ass skinned for sure. Ares
was War Lord, and he didn't suffer fools lightly. Taking a squad outside of their immediate
turf, for a Halloween night brawl with a rival gang would definitely qualify as foolishness in his
eyes, Cleon had no doubt.

The Warriors really had no beef with the Gravesend Gladiators. As a matter of fact, they had
been allies on more than one occasion against other, larger gangs. The veterans from both
cliques had a general agreement that small groups from Gravesend could come down to
Coney and use the beachside, as long as they didn't wear their colors, or disrespect.

The OG's had better, more important things to do, but patrols of young bloods on both sides
would occasionally run into each other on the edges of their respective territories. Neither
side willing to back down from a challenge, sometimes skirmishes would occur. Not
much serious damage, just bruised egos mainly. Some rocks would get thrown, a nose
busted perhaps, or a black eye at worst.

Then Spike, the leader of the Gladiator's junior league, sent an emmissary to Cleon. The
message was an invitation to the rumble that they were currently on their way to. Each
side would bring only six of their heaviest-hitters. Six dudes, picked from the best of
the pack. Maximum age: 15, no weapons. They would meet at midnight at Marlboro
Playground: 1 acre of blacktop, surrounded by some parkland and some housing
developments. This would be the arena to decide the matter of who was the baddest
and the toughest clique.

The fight would jump off between the two Jr. War Lords, and then the others would join
in. It wouldn't stop until one group was sent running with their tails between their legs,
or even better, were just beat down to a pulp where they stood. This was for honor
and respect, and the victors would have general bragging rights from then on.
Nothing more, and nothing less.

Cleon was no fool, though. He generally trusted Spike's word, but there was no way
he was going to lead his troops into an ambush. In addition to the five others he
chose to accompany him into battle, he sent Fox and Spider up ahead to check
things out. If the Gladiators tried to pull any bullshit, he would know about it well
in advance. No "surprises" would escape the observation of his scouts. They were
to lay low though. They were to watch, but not be seen. Only if some unforseen
circumstance materialized would they reveal themselves or do any fighting.

Now Cleon did a mental inventory of his war party:

Swan was a tough kid. Smart, and cool. He didn't talk too much, probably because
he was always thinking. Swan had come from a working class neighborhood up
north about 5 years ago. His father had been killed in action in Vietnam on
some crazy ass, long range patrol. After that, his mother and him didn't have much.
They had wound up in the housing projects in Coney, and she worked as a waitress
at a sea side diner. Swan might have had a chance in life. He was a good
athelete, and had decent grades at his old school. Life had dealt him the hand it
did, and he didn't complain about it. he did what he had to to survive.

The gangs were really beginning to take over. If you weren't in one, you were pretty
much fucked. Cleon had seen that Swan was a bit out of his element, so he took
him under his wing, and showed him the ropes. He learned quickly, and they
became good friends as the years went by.

Snowball and Cleon went way back. They had grown up together, and watched
each other's backs. Snow was a quiet one too. Ares would joke about him,
saying he would grow up to be a "monk or some shit". He was a thoughtful
cat, but when it counted he was all there. Cleon had never actually seen him
start any fights before, but he had seen him finish quite a few.

Ajax was A hard case. He was originally from South Boston. His father was doing
twenty years in Sing Sing for an armed robbery conviction, and his mother
didn't have any use for him. She had plenty of her own problems. He had
left home at 13. How he ended up in NYC, in Coney Island is a long story.

Ares and some of the other older members had taken a shine to him. He had balls,
and knew how to fight. He was adopted by the gang, and began living at the club house,
since he had no other home. He also spent alot of time at the local gym (when
he wasn't getting thrown out for starting fights).

Anyhow, Cleon wanted him along. he could be a major asshole, but he had never backed
down an inch from any confrontation.Even at 15, he was gaining a reputation as
"Heavy Muscle". Ajax always joked with the chicks that they were talking about the
muscle between his legs. You get the picture.

Cochise was easy going. He would go with the flow, and always had a chilled out slant on things.
He was a solid brawler though, and would make a fine addition to the crew for tonight's
festivities.

Last, but not least...there was Jag (short for Jaguar). Tall and lean and wiry. He had
studied Karate since he was 6 years old. This dude had the speed and the moves to
spare. He was the icing on the cake, no doubt.

Cleon was pleased as he completed the last evaluation of his chosen ones in his mind's eye.
The boyz were marching down Avenue X now towards West 11th street. They would soon be approaching
the battleground...

Suddenly, like a wraith out of the darkness, Spider emerged from the shadows. The young Warriors were
only slightly startled, as they were expecting one of their scouts to show up momentarily to give a
report on the situation up ahead.

"The scene is legit." Spider told them cooly.
"Spike and his boyz are up ahead, hang'n at the blacktop. Six dudes and no weapons that we could see."

Cleon nodded his acknowledgement. He knew the Gladiators could still be packing, but his gut told him
that they were playing by the rules. Cleon knew that Spike was no chump. This bout was for honor.

"Fox is laying low, keeping an eye on things, just in case. He sent me back to let you know things are
cool." Spider said.

Cleon looked his soldiers over for one last time before they headed in.
"Alright brothers, this is it."
"This is for Coney. This is our time. let's do this."

Swan nodded in agreement. He was cool and focused.

"Let's break some fuck'n heads!" Ajax exclaimed with a menacing grin.
"Right on, bro." Cochise nodded, and slapped him five.

They turned north up West 11th. The adrenaline was pumping now, and it felt good. They had partied a little
earlier that evening. A little wine, a little herb. But Cleon had given the word that he didn't want anyone
getting trashed. He wanted his troops alert and in good form. Now they entered another reality from the
earlier evening. It was almost midnight, and they were all high on just being young and alive and free.
Up ahead the street was opening up to the playground. The moment of truth was upon them, and they were ready.

"What's shake'n Cleon?" Spike asked wryly, as the Warriors approached the Gladiator's position.
Spike was a solidly built white kid. He was of Irish-German heritage. 3rd generation Gravesender who had
been with his gang since elementary school. The Gladiators had some nice green and black satin jackets
with their logo on the back: an ancient battle helm with a white plume running down the middle of the crest.
Spike wore a black bowler hat, and a toothpick danced lazily between his teeth as he spoke.

"Oh you know, just out for a stroll. Me and the bros thought we'd get some fresh air, see the sights." Cleon replied.
"Ahhh...that sounds lovely." Spike said back sardonically. His mock grin fading at the end of the sentence and
turning into a sneer.
"Are you ladies ready to get it on?"

"Oh...we're all set chump." Cleon said coldly, as he edged forward a bit, assuming an easy fighting stance. He could
see the rest of the Gladiators sizing up their opponents and squaring off for the fight, and could sense the rest
of the Warriors doing the same behind him. Spike's eyes deadend a bit, and he spit out his toothpick pick as
he moved forward as well...

"HOLD UP!" Fox came running from the treelined shadows at the edge of the playground. Spider was jogging behind him,
looking around as he came.

"What the fuck is this shit? Huh?!" Spike spat.
"You try'n to jack us man?" The Gladiators formed themeselves a little tighter, into a defensive circle.

"Take it easy dude. No one is try'n to jack no one!" Cleon assured him. He looked angrily at Fox, as if to say
"this had better be good".

Fox looked concerned, he gestured with his eyes up the street.
"We got company. Cars, lot's of em. They're coming down the street. I don't think it's the cops either."

"How much more backup you got hiding around, you lousy bastard?" Spike was pissed.

Cleon rolled his eyes a little, and retorted "Just a couple of scouts, alright. Eyes and ears...that's all."

Spike was about to lay into him some more, but just then a skinny dude in a Gladiators jacket came tearing out of
the bushes from the same end of the playground that Fox and Spider had just come from. All of the Warriors did
a double take, then looked at Spike. Cleon glared at the Gladiator's leader. Spike looked sheepishly towards the
ground, as he shrugged his shoulders a bit.
"Can't be rollin' thru the mean streets without some recon, right? What'dya think we're stupid or someth'n?"

Cleon's eyes widened a little as he shook his head. He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by the
Gladiator's scout as he approached. The kid looked panicked.

"What's going down, Weasle?" Spiked asked his boy.

"We're fucking surrounded! There's a shitload of em'! We gotta get out'a here!"

the lady warrior

This a great story but you will win automatically if skullboy13 doesn't post his by sunday plus its a really brill story so it is quite worth of wining this match and thank you for making the effort, also I sent him a PM abou it but he hasn't replied so it looks like he is not going to be doing it but just in case I will give him till Sunday or Monday!

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

SW - one very minor point you may find of interest

The word to describe an inclusive group of people is not click ; it's clique
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

Suburban Warlord

Hey thanks Lady W. I havn't sat down to compose a little fiction in ages. I forgot
how difficult it can be. No worries. It's all casual as far as I'm concerned. It's enjoyable
to simply exercise some creativity. Like I said, I will post up the conclusion this
Saturday.

Thanks for the pointer 4NIK8. Of course you are correct. It seems like the "EDIT" function
on posts has a time limit tho. I would like to correct that, and a couple of other minor errors I spotted as well, cuz believe it or not, it bothers my OCD! (but i'll live)

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

can't disrepect the OCD - fixed the clix for ya!

Suburban Warlord

Well thanks man. Much appreciated.

As long as you are extending your editorial powers my way, would you mind terribly
to fix these as well? (LOL, really tho):

"What's shake'n Cleon?" Spike asked wryly, as the Warriors approached the Gladiators position. - please make Gladiators possesive

He was of Irish-german heritage. - please capitalize German

"Take it easy dude. No one is try'n to jack no one!" Cleon assured him. He looked angily at Fox, as if to say "this had better be good." - please add an R to angrily

These errors are all relatively close together towards the end of the story so far. I
might have had one more shot of Johnnie Walker than I should have that night!

Thanks dude! (now I will sleep well tonight)

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

Suburban Warlord wrote:"What's shake'n Cleon?" Spike asked wryly, as the Warriors approached the Gladiators position. - please make Gladiators possesive
Should this be "What's shakin' Cleon?", to indicate the dropping of the 'g', or are you going for an affected accent here?

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

I like how you've fleshed out the movie characters more and given them a little history. I can totally buy into Swan's father being killed in 'Nam.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

Suburban Warlord

Thanks 4NIK8. Just PM me your invoice! I do appreciate it tho. :D
As for that "Shake'n" bit, I just winged it. I acquiesce to your prowess
of the English language, so if it's not proper you could change it if you like.

Thanks for the kind words 9D. I thought the 'Nam thing sounded pretty
plausible too.

skullboy13

Post by skullboy13 »

guys im really sorry iv been going through personal problems at home which resulted moving out 4 two weeks but i got a new lap top and am able to do the fan fic just give me a week and i can get it ready, i dont even care about winning i think that sws fic was amazing i dnt know how 2 top it but if u guys can give me a week or even less than that i can get my fic up and running

the lady warrior

Yeah certainly and I'm sorry abt your problems I didn't know and you are a very talented writer along with SW and I want to give youse both a good opportunity to shine so that's why I'll give you a week to do yours skullboy13 and always believe in yourself dude :D

skullboy13

Post by skullboy13 »

thanks and actually iv just written a lil fic for you guys, sorry again about being so late and unresponsive and thank you for this oppurtunity, heres my first chapter if you like

The Heavy Brawlers

Little Italy 5th November 1979
Lance watched over his soldiers, night had fallen and the crescent moon illuminated his battle field, white light flashed on the backs of his gang’s backs, the black leather jacket reflected the glow, they were knights in the chaos of the fight.
The low brow gang the low brow gang the Orphans, a wild biker gang thought they could move in on the Brawlers turf, Lance had made the War call and united the soldiers against the enemy.

The heavy brawlers were Lance’s gang, a tough upcoming gang in New York City with Lance as their respected Warlord, next to him his second in command, the Warchief Kay, a ex army Marine alongside Lance, the two men had both been thrown out of the army, Kay had almost spent a few years in prison if it hadn’t been for Lance.
Three months later the two men headed one of the toughest gangs in New York, however two men cannot make a strong gang.

So the two men enlisted the locals boys, Tramp was their first soldier, he soon became their Scout, after spending years on the streets he had learnt all the gangs ways and weaknesses.

Nico was next, he became third in command, a Lieutenant, a full blooded Italian Nico was the son of a baker who had been murdered by muggers, Nico found himself alone on the streets scratching a living from nothing until Lance found him, he proved to be a tactiful leader and a good advisor to Lance.

Out of the many soldiers Lance and Kay enlisted two boys stood out, Ace and Hill, Ace had formerly been a member of the Satan Mother’s Motorcycle club with his brother, however the Satan Mother’s had turned cold and his brother was murdered and Ace came close to their sharp knives himself until Kay saved him, he was a young blood with a lot of heart and Kay was teaching him fighting techniques, however Nico and Lance could see through the thin shell of contempt and virtue to see a young man filled with hate and revenge, Lance wanted to help the kid however knew he was a loose cannon if kept unchecked and so asked Tramp and Kay to watch over the boy.

Next was Hill, a big man with a lot of muscle, he was the toughest muscle the Brawlers had, next to Kay he was unbeatable, however he had a mean streak and continually undermined Kay’s orders and Lance had to sort the big man out, Hill was less callous towards Lance for the one reason Lance saved his life from a few blood thirsty Turnbulls.
“Hey Warlord the orphans are running we had them!” Ace’s voice singed through the night air. “We won!”

The Brawlers raised their voices, Kay and Hill were at the front calling back the feeling Orphans, the crew raised their fingers, insulted the cowardliness of the Orphans.
There was a crack of lightning in the night sky, the roar of thunder followed, Lance closed his eyes and sighed, letting his jacket fall down his back a little then flexed his muscles and felt the jacket fall back over his broad shoulders.

“Brawlers head back to the Fort we are done here!” He commanded, he then felt rain fall insultingly on his hair, it caught at the strands and fell over his face.
The soldiers headed back, talking over their victory, laughing and joking proudly, in recent weeks they had worked their way up from nothing and were becoming a heavy set.
“Hey brother we got some problems.” Came the sharp voice of Lance’s Scout Tramp.
Lance turned to him, “speak to me Scout.” He exclaimed.

“We got something going down on the train tracks, i sent some boys to search it out and they came back with news of some Orphans making some kind of bon fire down there, whatever it is it was meant to go unnoticed.”
Lance nodded and turned to the crowd of brawlers who were returning home. “Kay, get over here!” he cried, he watched his Warchief Kay turn swiftly and then stroll over to Lance and Tramp.
“Yeah Warlord?” He asked curiously.

“Grab some muscle, tell Nico he is to be my second in command for this mission, your too look after the Fort, some Orphans are making trouble down at the tracks.”
“No worries Warlord.”
With that Kay turned back to the leaving soldiers and ran after them, in less than five minutes Nico, Ace and Hill were behind Lance and Tramp marching down to the Train Tracks.

“Any idea on how many Orphans there are down there Tramp?” Lance asked.
Tramp looked to the sky and tapped his finger against his palm as if he was counting, “Billy says he spotted seven of them including their leader, some ugly mother named Sully, his gang are in the low ranks, aint even on the Riff network.”
“Why are they here then?” Nico asked out of turn.
Lance turned to him and sharpened his eyes, Nico nodded and hung his head, in the Brawlers no one not even a Lieutenant spoke out of place, it was how Lance had been trained in the army and it was how he exacted control.

“Sorry Warlord,” Nico mumbled and glanced quickly to Lance in fear.

“Obviously the Orphans want something at the train tracks we just got to get there before them.”

And so the Brawlers arrived at the tracks, they entered the station and shook off the wet drips of rain, Lance put a finger on his lips, they all fell quiet, then as it echoed down the stair case of the station they could hear the Orphans converse aggressively.
“Man Sully can we get out of here I’m starving!” One of them complained.
“Neil piss off or ill send you out there to face those Brawlers.” The man apparently named Sully replied with a string of contempt in his voice.

“Man Neil is right the buyer aint getting here we are wasting time.” Another Orphan mumbled, he had a deeper voice with more respect for Sully.
“Jessie i didn’t get this five g for nothing you know we wait for the buyer to get here then we make ourselves a little profit.”
The two men fell quiet then, Lance moved his men up to the platform, they could see three Orpahns asleep on the benches and the other three Orphans standing up, they all seemed to be smoking with their back to the Brawlers.

Just then the screams of a machine pierced the silence, the three asleep Orphans woke up suddenly, Lance his his men down the staircase and himself behind a Pillar.
“LC long time no see man!” Sully voice cried out, Lance crept round the Pillar, a train had swerved to a stop and a rough looking young man had gotten off the vacant train, he wore a blue denim jacket and his face was covered by bruises and cuts.

“S’up Sully,” LC croaked in a voice than sounder as rough as bark, like as if his tonsils had been taken out and mangled and he could only mumble his words. “Got the cash?”
Lance watched Sully place down a brown suit case in front of LC, LC shook his eyes from Sully to the Suitcase, then in a flash he swerved his right hand to his back then took out a knife.
“LC what the fuck?” Sully cried and fell back.
“Shut up pal and get your boys on to the train.”
Under his command the Orphans moved around LC, intently keeping their eyes on the knife in his hands, fearing its reach.

“Alright i’ll see you boys later.” And with that LC with the suitcase and the knife in his hands crept back towards the Staircase. “Stupid fucks!”
As soon as he passed the Pillar Lance was hiding behind he spotted something that caught his eye, it was Lance’s boot that was open on the side of the pillar.
He sniggered a evil laugh and cried out, “alright you behind the pillar come on out!”
Shit Lance thought, he flashed a look to the staircase, LC hadn’t seen his boys yet, he caught the attention of Hill and nodded gently.

Stepping from the shadow of the Pillar Lance revealed himself, with his hands on his head his jacket stretch out forming a triangle, LC turned confusingly from Lance to the Orphans.
“This isn’t one of your boys?” He spat and raised his knife to Lance.
Just then Hill ran up from the staircase and collided with LC, the knife fell from his hands, Lance instinctively grabbed the fallen knife and held back the Orphans who had made to run at the Brawlers.

Nico and Ace grabbed Hill who had gone into a animalistic blood frenzy on Lc and lifted him off the druggie.

“Tramp get the bags.” Lance ordered and twisted back and for from the Brawlers to the Orphans. “Sorry guys, looks like your deal has gone down hill.”
“Fuck you man no one messes with the Orphans!” Sully cried, spitting everywhere, he was foaming at the mouth, his anger only countered by his fear of the knife in Lance’s hands.
“Maybe but not the Heavy Brawlers, if you want a piece you know where to find us and next time we won’t let you leave here with your colours on.” Lance barked, at that moment the door of the train closed and the wheels rolled and the orphans were dragged away into the night.

the lady warrior

Ok guys youse both had brilliant stories and I've just decided to do my vote on this actual thread instead of making another topic(I wud only do that if it was a public vote) but i was advices just to do the vote myself sooo here goes: SW your story was very detailed and had a good backstory about the young warriors(which I personally love) but I thought you could of made a better backstory for the gladiators gang not just the leader. But it was still awesome, now skullboy your story was very creative and I loved the way you described lance and the whole setting of the story but it was just a little rushed! Now here's the big part THE WINNER is SKULLBOY13 But no hard feelings SB becoz you are a brilliant and experienced writer and you I believe are certainly a writer that inspires me so well done buddy you shoul give yourself a big roun of applause :D and plus t is just a bit of competitive fun, skullboy I picked you becoz yours was just soo amazingly detailed and you are a brill writer so are you SW and from me personally youse have worked both so hard and I thank you and I will post the new match up today and a week from now when I do another vote the one who wins it will be Versing you skullboy in the final match soon!

Suburban Warlord

Fair enough. Congratulation SB13. :) I read your story, and liked the creativity
and the descriptions. Well done! Maybe I'll finish mine off and post up the entire
thing for the heck of it. I know I've been lagging, no excuses. Well, thanks for the
opportunity here Lady W, it was fun. Good luck to the peeps in the next round.