Luther at the Conclave

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Luther at the Conclave

Post by theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 »

I've looked thru past posts/topics to see if this has been brought up...but i didn't find anything...

Well I'm not sure if this is a blooper or if Walter Hill and his crew intended to have this part shown...Luther appears even way before you see him with the gun...about a few seconds before Cyrus appears...there is the shot of the Conclave and the gang members waiting for Cyrus...Luther is actually shown sitting by the wall with Sully standing right next to him...Your right-of the screen (8:01-8:05 minutes of the movie)

Plus there's also the scene after Cyrus is shot...the Rogues are right below in the screen...plus you can also notice smoke obviously from Luther's gun and Sully is looking down! (13:02-13:03 minutes of the movie)

8)
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...

GramercyRiff99

Re: Luther at the Conclave

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

I've seen this brought up before. That doesn't make it any less cool though. I think they did it on purpose, sort of as a service to the attentive people who see the movie more than once. That way we can be all "Hey, is that... sweet, it is!" :lol:

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

I hope I don't get banned for this! I tried to find it...But I'm sure it'll be useful to those who didn't know about this...

8)
~this chic is packed...

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

Nah, I've only seen it brought up once, and even then it was buried in a thread about a different subject. You're fine. :lol:

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well, it was very hard to find, yeah... anyway I posted that topic: "Is luther still deciding?" (Just another subject, and if this is the one you saw GR99).
But, in order to me... in that topic, luther 1st apparition did have another reason. Just a theory.
Glad, theSleepiLizzie_of_2006, you also noticed that!!! It's a Movie crucial moment, and I'd like to see your reply to my topic. All of you guys!!! ;)
About yours: I think they did it on purpose, too!!!
OMG, The Warriors... I LOVE every bit!!! 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Danzel

Post by Danzel »

Thats a cool thing you've picked up there Lizzie :D

but I think that thought we all love the Warriors and Walter Hill for creating them for us in movie form, I dont think we can count all the small things as being "easter eggs". This isnt downing the importance of Lizzies find Im just saying that if we look at the bloopers on this site alone, I think it can be fairly said that it wasnt the most accurate of movies ever filmed.

But then again I guess they all add to the Warriors experience, which I belive is more important than clean cut perfect scene transitions etc.

and Isnt GramercyRiff99 kind :D
[img]http://i8.tinypic.com/66nmcro.jpg[/img]
Thanks andy_man for the sig

Scream Loud and Scream Fast Cos' The Warriors Will Always Come Out To Play

Ajax88

Post by Ajax88 »

I tired looking Luther's early appearance, but I think i missed it but I found something else I thought was interesting, when the camera pans to the crowd during Cyrus' speech I think that the actor who was also in the prom couple's scene appears as an extra. He is standing next to a Hi-Hat and a couple of guys with purple beanie hats and i think they also were wearing purple jackets/shirts, I could be wrong though.

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Danzel, I didn't pick up theSleepiLizzie_of_2006... I mean, no problem if she also noticed that scene. ;)

Anyway, I don't think it was a movie blopper... and, plus, The Warriors bloppers were not a problem 4 the Movie. On the contrary, they were also funny. "Darken" made an excellent work last summer, maybe he found out all the bloppers. Enjoy  http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9602.0

Good find Ajax88...yeah man!!! I also noticed that actor during the Conclave. Maybe he and the guy in the prom couple scene, are not the same person, but they both would seem the same!!! 8)
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Very interesting find guys!!!! I have to take a look at that scene again....

We shouldn't criticize the movie because of its many bloopers...but should appreciate that it was done well from scene to scene...how it all was put together and it made sense...we were able to follow thru on what was going on

and yes we can definitely remember the long list of bloopers (with pictures!!!!) that Danzel posted last year...and boy they were A LOT!!!!

:D
~this chic is packed...

Danzel

Post by Danzel »

Aha, I don't think that was me, I did post in a few bloopers threads, but I cant remember ever creating one, but its nice to Know I have a pretend rep that I'm known for :D

But SleepiLizzie is right, its a good movie, (thats what we think if we are here), and we gotta remember how it was put together, not just the fact its a good movie. Lots of time and difficulty went in to the production of it. Like I said earlier, we need to appreciate the bloopers that are there... no target them negativly.
[img]http://i8.tinypic.com/66nmcro.jpg[/img]
Thanks andy_man for the sig

Scream Loud and Scream Fast Cos' The Warriors Will Always Come Out To Play

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

It was "Darken", in my last post here, you guys can find "Darken Bloppers Topic" link.
About the bloppers, who said bloppers are not good 4 the movie?
Anyway, that scene, 1st luther scene, isn't just a blopper. 8)

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Ajax88 wrote: I tired looking Luther's early appearance, but I think i missed it but I found something else I thought was interesting, when the camera pans to the crowd during Cyrus' speech I think that the actor who was also in the prom couple's scene appears as an extra. He is standing next to a Hi-Hat and a couple of guys with purple beanie hats and i think they also were wearing purple jackets/shirts, I could be wrong though.
Searching for another still I also founded what we want... well, I think!!!
ImageImage
What about???
... BTW, not too bad the chick!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ 8)
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warriorfan54321

Post by Warriorfan54321 »

I saw him siting by the wall aswell and by the looks of his lip movementit looks like he says "this is stupid."
I didnt see sully though I was kinda payin attention to thecrazy dude with the gun :lol:
GET A DREAM HOLD ONTO IT AND SHOOT FOR THE SKY

Ajax_41

Post by Ajax_41 »

Warriorfan54321 wrote: I saw him siting by the wall aswell and by the looks of his lip movementit looks like he says "this is stupid."
I didnt see sully though I was kinda payin attention to thecrazy dude with the gun :lol:
He does say "This is stupid", if you listen really close you can hear it.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I just noticed this, this weekend when I was watching the conclave to see all the gangs we could see and to get inspiration for "vintaging" my outfits. Me and my friend were pausing it and there is a WELL KNOWN NYC graffiti writer in this shot with Luther sitting. We paused to look and I was like "Holy crap!! There is Luther!" Watching it after all these years, I NEVER noticed this. And he does say "This is stupid." Great little easter egg.
"It's on and we're going!"