Who makes the Warriors' vests?

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.
Harley

Who makes the Warriors' vests?

Post by Harley »

So who do you thinks makes all the vests for the gang?  Do they go to a local seamstress and she makes all the patches and vests by hand?  Are the vests and patches just mass produced and they just buy them when they need them?  Or is there some underground place run by a guy who dropped out of fashion school and he just does work for the gangs in the city now, for a price? 

The Fox

Re: Who makes the Warriors' vests?

Post by The Fox »

Maybe one of the gang members girlfriends?
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

Lion

Post by Lion »

Local shop. I am sure they found the patches at some biker store and maybe the vests too and just took them to a friend that had a father, brother, or friend that worked at a shop and he did them that favor!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

Good question. I've thought about this a few times before, and like you I wondered whether most of the gangs maybe got their colours from the same place, a renowned underground designer with a reputation almost as mysterious as Cyrus'. Or they could've got them from a shop that makes gang outfits on the hush, like a secret back room business. Some gangs colours could obviously be self-made though, the ones with simple designs, but I'd imagine that gangs who wear vests with more elaborate designs would have to get them from somewhere special.

If their vests weren't delivered to their turf, I'd imagine picking them up would've raised a problem or two, because the supplier might live in another gang's territory and if a gang has just travelled there to collect their colours they'd want to wear them proudly all the way home, but the gang in that neighbourhood might tell them to take their colours off. That could be a sort of initiation in itself, having to pick up your vests and wear them home through foreign turf. :)

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

If they were as expensive back then as some of them are now, it makes me wonder how they all could afford it!

I like Jamie's idea about having girlfriends make them, though I would have thought due to the number and quality that they must have been mass produced some place. Also do you think that all 120+ Warriors had vests, just a select few, or did they share them? :?:

Good topic Harley. 8)
The one and only!

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

Now I'm picturing the Warriors forcing their girlfriends to work in a sweat shop, churning out vest after vest.  :lol:

'Can we stop for lunch now Cleon?'

'No, keep working, and keep your mouth shut'. 

Yeah, if there are over 120 Warriors, that's alot of vests. But if they got them one by one, as each member earned their vest, it's not that unbelievable or expensive. I mean if each Warrior had to go out and make the money to buy their own vest I'm sure they could do it quite quickly and easily, there are loads of ways for them to make money so I reckon they could afford it.

It's also possible of course that only the top members owned vests, and the rest perhaps wore Warriors t-shirts until they earned their leather. I do think though that the Warriors probably had their own personal vests, in their own sizes, that they wore all the time rather than sharing them.

taylor

Post by taylor »

i reakon when you get into the gang you have to pay for your own
and they get them made at a grungy factory as a side deal kida thing for the factory. :)
good topic
"the truce... is it still on"

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

They could of course be getting free vests for "protecting" the clothing shop where they are made!  :D
The one and only!

King

Post by King »

Well the way real Clubs do it is by having the members buy there own vest. In this case since all The Warriors have the same vest they would most likey buy it or get it from the same place. Then they would hand it over to the Warriors until they were initiated. Then the Warriors would sew on the patch and bam! lol Or...They had a special store they went to or something. :lol:

andy_man

Post by andy_man »

This is going to stupid but, Maybe instead of a local shop paying protection money they make the gang vests.
And heres a funny one,
All the gangs go to one shop for their vests

Swan: "Hey Luther"
Luther: "Hey Swan, Have you seen that shirt Donald has been wearing?"
Swan: "Oh my God, I know" *puts finger in mouth and makes gaging sound*
Luther: Blah!
Swan: Well i'll see you next week!
Luther: "Bye! I miss you already!!!"
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/970k7m.jpg[/img]
IV