Warriors Popularity in Europe... What Gives?

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.
Wheeljak

Warriors Popularity in Europe... What Gives?

Post by Wheeljak »

Considering that this British forum is the only Warriors forum that I've ever seen, I'm guessing that British fans are even more die-hard than domestic fans. I'm just wondering: when and how did the Warriors get to be so popular on the other side of the Atlantic?

TheGingerWarrior

Re: Warriors Popularity in Europe... What Gives?

Post by TheGingerWarrior »

You know what that is a very good question.

One up for the brits.

Well europe as a whole really.
Most other fansites and forums of movies i like are usually american which is strange. Maybe its something to do with google.com and google.co.uk

like maybe this site comes up higher in the list on google.co.uk than on google.com
If thats how google works, im not too sure how google works to be honest
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/conormck/dr.pepper.gif[/img]
Thanks Cowboy is Cool for the Userbar!!

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Well it wasn't my intention to create a Warriors site just for British people. It was simply the fact that the UK domain was available and cheaper! It's true there are a lot of Brits on the site (including myself), but if you take a look at the website stats (unfortunately only I can see those I think), you'll see that about 80% of visitors are from the USA, with British people making up about 10% and then 10% for other countries.

This film is big everywhere!
The one and only!

Godfather

Post by Godfather »

It is interesting that this site is based in the UK, but I don't care.  Based on the stats it is mostly americans.  Whatever, I'm just glad it was created.  There are other sites out there, but this one is the best in my opinion.  Thanks War Chief.
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/godfather1969/GODFATHER-SSIG.jpg[/img]
Made by Hector

stevo2k7

Post by stevo2k7 »

i didnt know this was british site lol learn summert new all time eh, well its cool!

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Good point Godfather, its really not important, where it was made.  Its like a holey land for warriors fans.  We are all united under one foundation.

Ed_The_Warrior

Post by Ed_The_Warrior »

Well said all  ;).The main thing is the site exists & what a website it is,War Cheif and co have done a great job with this site.So as adam88 said its cool that were all here (From all corners of the world) talking about the one subject we all love ...
The Warriors !! 
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9673/edthewarriorna6.jpg[/img]
My Mezco Warriors Figure Collection : Swan,Cochise,Cleon,Luther,Red & Yellow Furies

WildBoy

Post by WildBoy »

stevo2k7 wrote: i didnt know this was british site lol learn summert new all time eh, well its cool!
LOL - Kinda of hard to miss that this is a UK site - it is in the website address warriorsmovie.co.uk;)

But I recall that SOl Yurick said that the movie when shoed in oher countries allowed kids in those foreign countries to get a better understanding of what America was all about, particularly New York.
What's the matter - goin' faggot?

Veracocha

Post by Veracocha »

Hi,

First of all, excuse me for my poor english, i'm french.
My english level is really bad, i'm sorry.

I'm the webmaster of the brand new Warriors French website dedicated for fans and i can say that there is always tons of fans in France :)
People like this film since his date of exit to the cinema in France. (1980)

Many French discovered the movie after playing at the video game published by Rockstar in 2005.

We really likes the Warriors and 2008 will be a great year with the "remake".

Best Regards from France.
Pierre aka Veracocha, from http://www.the-warriors.fr
;)
Webmaster of the Official French Warriors fan's website.

CRASH

Post by CRASH »

The Warriors is a movie that influenced people and nations worldwide! For example, take my country for instance or any other country that isn't "a great force of the world". A lot of people that lived at that time were very impressed by the movie, and many people(mostly kids not knowing how to declare themselves) try to reenact parts of the movie and some even TRY TO LIVE BY IT  :? !?

a great movie, no doubt. And a salute to all Warriors fans worldwide
"We're gonna get japped here, we're gonna get japped!"- Vermin
[img]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6814/copyofohs01za3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7043/userbarwarriorsmw8.jpg[/img]

Ajax_41

Post by Ajax_41 »

the movie was almost banned over here before it got out,im glad i wasnt though! a lot of people who were about my age in 1979 have seen it. my sister told me it had been declared cool in some magasine about 6 months ago... ::) 8)

back2coney

Post by back2coney »

Thanks to the BBC for showing this when I was a teen ager I got hooked. I guess it can be shown anywhere and have the same effect, just so happens that the site belongs in the UK  ;)
" Real tough mothers ain't ya! "

[img]http://looksy.co.uk/files/images/rare22_1_0.jpg[/img]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

yes its good that its populare everywhere :D
S.Ritson

sharker_93

Post by sharker_93 »

yup...i agree with you all...but im not quite sure about my country... yeah, i feel that in my country, im the only Warriors die-hard fan..some of my friends know about this movie and claim that they are also a fan of it, but only for a limited time, like a week or so... haha, but i don't feel awkward being the only singaporean here, as this forum is filled with people from, Europe, US and everywhere else..and i hope to put in The Warriors interest in more people here in singapore... :D
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/sharker_93/sig_2nd_stage.jpg[/img]

Green_Shirt_Guy

Post by Green_Shirt_Guy »

I can totally relate to sharker_93. As I stated elsewhere in the forum the movie is not very well known here in Portugal. I haven't met a person who knows it. There must be some out there especially because of the video game.

I'm doing my part to change that. I think my friends get a bit tired of constantly hearing me talk about the movie and the forum :D
'You see what you get, Warriors? You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans?'