Forum Problems - Resolved (almost!)

Leave comments, questions or ideas for the website and forum.
War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Problems - Resolved (almost!)

Post by War Chief »

Hi guys,

Thanks for bearing with me these last couple of weeks and I am really sorry for all the problems on here.

The problem started when my web host moved the website across to a new server whilst I was in Italy without asking. Consequently, the new server they moved me too had not been set up correctly and they couldn't get it fixed.

Therefore, I bit the proverbial bullet and set up an account with Lunarpages who are reputed to be one of the best web hosts out there. I have to say that so far I am very impressed. I have now moved the forums and website across and whilst I did that, I upgraded them all to the latest versions of the software.

I am now currently working on getting the website formatting sorted and rewriting the code to make it XML and CSS compliant. That is now 50% complete (some pages are in the new style and others in the old style).

Once that is done I shall focus on the forums and give them a fresh new look and make them wider in line with the new website. I will also be adding new features to both the forum and website and shall be reviewing the forum rules at the same time.

Unfortunately, my old web hosts didn't back up the forum before they moved it, so the only backup they had was a month old - again this is not my fault! So please feel free to post now on this forum as I belive the posts from the start of May have been lost by my web host.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Gareth / War Chief.
The one and only!

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Forum Problems - Resolved (almost!)

Post by War Chief »

Hi guys, thought I would give you an update:

I have spent this evening working on the forum theme and it is coming along nicely. It's a cross between the old forum and the new site and should be slightly easier to navigate with a cleaner interface. I hope to get that up tomorrow, or Wednesday.

I will be getting the smileys, ranks and avatars sorted (including ones users uploaded).

The shoutbox will be returning and I will investigate an enhanced chat room on the main site since at any one time there are about 3,000 people visiting (not sure how accurate that is!).
The one and only!

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

Whoa, new theme alert. It'll take some getting used to, but it is easier to read than the old one and looks much more clean, all things considered.

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

It'll take some time to finish but as you can see it is well on the way.

I am currently battling with the shoutbox colours. It is next generation compared to the old one we had since it will appear on all pages and updates in real-time with no need to refresh, so you can chat for real whilst navigating the forum.

Please feel free to try it ouy, though it might behave oddly over the next day or so whilst I fiddle with it.

There are also some missing rank images which I shall sort out tomorrow.
The one and only!

Kartoon

Post by Kartoon »

again, great work WC

i love the new light out bro

any chance of a skin changer" where we can have a light theme?

any chance of lettin me make the "SPECIAL EDITION KARTOON" theme?

let me know what i need and what i need to send  8)

ps

it grinds my gears to not see people pass any love to WC except a fellow mod and myself...there was a time when we as a forum had unity and knew each other, praised each other for our efforts and did not scold each other for our falts....

Kartoons Sugestion for today: go read some old post, get to know your vets, homework on members like "THE FOX" and "SHM" faces you dont see anymore...."GONOZO" and so many more...find out what made this forum the place it is

again,
KARMA+1 WC

great job and i thank you for your coutless efforts
[center]
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/feb12banner.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/1000bar.jpg[/img]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Well WC, you're doing an Awesome Work here!!!
Above all the Shout "everywhere" is a Great Move, History-Commands-No Refresh WOW!!!... and yeah now, everything is easier to read!!!
Those sub-links: Home/Rules/Ranks are perfect where they are now.
... about the "Logged Time": there isn't anymore, or will it "come back"?

Anyway, while posting it's 07.25 am in Italy, so 06.25 am in England, and 01.25 am in USA (East Coast). But Forum Time is 03.25 am.
I setted my Profile Time, well I mean, when you upload everything, it will give UK Time? ie for istance, now, it's 06.25 am. Or not?

See ya, and... I can't wait to play the Final Version!!!
Thump up to you man!!! 8)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 24, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

turnbull_badger

Post by turnbull_badger »

About a week ago i thought this site was gone for good because everytime i tried to access the site it said page cannot be displayed but now its back (thankfully). Cheers WC and if this isn't the "final version" then i can't wait to see what the "final version" looks like.
again, nice one WC!
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

War Chief a question for you, but First of All I've to say the New Version (when 100% uploaded) will be just Great!!!
Sub-Links faster, all the voices set-up is better... etc... all the rest... and the Links Color (that sorta turquoise/blue) is very elegant!!!
Again Great Shot Man!!!
So the question, what about the Members (and Members Search Button) Section?
You'll upload it, or isn't it "expected" in this new Site/Forum Version?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 26, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

I have now fixed the time issue so the forum is set to the correct time. I have also reinstated the member list.
The one and only!

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Oh ok, just seen... no doubt about your Great Job here, so once again Thanks WC!!!

warriorkid

Post by warriorkid »

The Swan wrote: Oh ok, just seen... no doubt about your Great Job here, so once again Thanks WC!!!
hey, im new and i was just asking how often do people join this site

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

warriorkid wrote: hey, im new and i was just asking how often do people join this site
I really need to program a macro button on my keyboard so every time it's pressed, it just says "Read the rules". It'd make this job much easier.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Thanks War Chief. I was away this weekend when I ggot an email from TCM sayin this site had been hacked. It was like punching me in the gut. Good to see it back. THANKS WAR-CHIEF, your work is greatly appreciated.
"It's on and we're going!"

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

LIER ONE wrote: THANKS WAR-CHIEF, your work is greatly appreciated.
Oh Yeah!!! That's For SURE!!!
Thanks a Lot War Chief.

bassman

Post by bassman »

I was the same, it said the site was hacked.  so good to see it back and better than ever. keep up the great work.