Getting the book . . I have a question though

Discuss the novel by Sol Yurick upon which the movie is based.

Getting the book . . I have a question though

Postby TheGingerWarrior » Mon May 21, 2007 3:38 pm

Ok so im getting the book and i cant wait till i start reading it.

But is this one fo them books where it takes a while for it to get good or is it good from page 1?
Thanks Cowboy is Cool for the Userbar!!
TheGingerWarrior

Re: Getting the book . . I have a question though

Postby Ed_The_Warrior » Wed May 23, 2007 9:55 pm

TheGingerWarrior wrote:Ok so im getting the book and i cant wait till i start reading it.

But is this one fo them books where it takes a while for it to get good or is it good from page 1?

You'll just have to wait and see Ginger Warrior (As i couldnt tell you as i dont have the book,Yet ;)) Anyhow when you do finally get the book and start giving it a read please share your thoughts as im tempted to buy the book myself,Many thanks.
My Mezco Warriors Figure Collection : Swan,Cochise,Cleon,Luther,Red & Yellow Furies
Ed_The_Warrior

Postby Cowboy606 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:36 am

the first chapter or two is hard to get through, but stick with it because its deffinitely worth it. from the meeting on, the book will have you glued to the pages.
We Are The Underrated, All Forgotten, Kids Who Made It. Speak Up Now, Lose Or Get, Left Behind.
Cowboy606

Postby TheGingerWarrior » Thu May 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Yeah ive got it and im about half way through, its a really good book, at first youll be confused trying to work out who is based onw ho and that but just forget it about it, the characters are different so try to see them as different characters.
TheGingerWarrior

Postby Ed_The_Warrior » Mon May 28, 2007 12:30 pm

So Ginger Warrior,Have you finished the book yet then ?!? I'm still 50/50 on getting it myself as i'm so not a book person (As it's based on the Warriors i'll make an exception on this one  ;)) But anyhow i just wondered what your overall opinion on the book was & If you recommend it ?,Many thanks.
Last edited by Ed_The_Warrior on Mon May 28, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Mezco Warriors Figure Collection : Swan,Cochise,Cleon,Luther,Red & Yellow Furies
Ed_The_Warrior

Postby TheGingerWarrior » Wed May 30, 2007 4:31 pm

Yeh ive finsihed it now, finsihed it a while back just didnt notice this post, sorry.

Its an awesome book, I really do reccomend you get it, When your reading it though try not to accociate it with the film or you will just get confused, keep open minded and remember its different characters with a different story  :D hope i helped, if you have any questions PM me

Note: 100th Post!!!!  :D Milestone :D
TheGingerWarrior

Postby Ed_The_Warrior » Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 am

TheGingerWarrior wrote:Yeh ive finsihed it now, finsihed it a while back just didnt notice this post, sorry.

Its an awesome book, I really do reccomend you get it, When your reading it though try not to accociate it with the film or you will just get confused, keep open minded and remember its different characters with a different story  :D hope i helped, if you have any questions PM me

Note: 100th Post!!!!  :D Milestone :D

Nice one Ginger Warrior.Cheers for the feedback,Pleased you enjoyed the book.I may well make the purchase very soon  ;)

Oh yes,Congrats on your 100th post fella  =D>
Ed_The_Warrior

Postby Reggie Stylez » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Honestly, It does take a long time to get into, like 3 - 4 chapters is were I started to be like "This is amazing" lol, and around chapter 5 it's just mind blowing excellent. The chapters arnt HUGE though, fairly smallish chapters.
Reggie Stylez

Postby MiddleMan07 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:57 am

Yeah its a solid read. A little tricky trying to relate to a 1960s realistic New York City setting. Lots of slang that youll see for the first time when you read the book. Above all its a really good book, your gonna like it if your a die hard warriors fan.
Good.. Real Good.. The Best. [GOODFELLAZ CL1Q '20O6']
[BROUGHT THE FURIES INTERVIEW TO THE PUBL1C]
(fear the elite. New Forum Order.)
MiddleMan07
Warrior

Postby cleonwarriors777 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 pm

TheGingerWarrior wrote:Ok so im getting the book and i cant wait till i start reading it.

i heared it sucks because they dont have the warriors gang name and ajax s called lunkface :evil:
ill shove that bat up your a$$ and turn you into a popsicle
cleonwarriors777

Postby Riff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:41 pm

I bought the book a couple of years back and got into about the second chapter and gave up, I really struggled with it. It seemed to be all over the place.

Having read this thread I might give it another go and try to get to the later chapters if it gets better.
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...
Riff

Postby cleonwarriors777 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Riff wrote:
I bought the book a couple of years back and got into about the second chapter and gave up, I really struggled with it. It seemed to be all over the place.

Having read this thread I might give it another go and try to get to the later chapters if it gets better.

was it that bad i dont know if i even wanna read it now it will screw up my brain
ill shove that bat up your a$$ and turn you into a popsicle
cleonwarriors777

Postby WildBoy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:15 pm

I think what was hard for me was not the writing style or the lingo - but trying to match the characters and scenes from the movie to what I was reading.  Because I was doing this, this somewhat coloured my enthusiasm for finally reading the book - so I had to go back and re-read certain portions.

I like the book, not my favorite read, but I can certainly see how the book would capture my attention if I was a pre-teen living in the 60's.

My edition contains a FORWARD from Sol Yurick, and I actually enjoy reading his comments on writing The Warriors and his thoughts of the movie (which apparently he did not like too much). 

But of course The Warriors injected some welcome interest in his work  ;)
Last edited by WildBoy on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's the matter - goin' faggot?
WildBoy

Postby Riff » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:47 pm

cleonwarriors777 wrote:
Riff wrote:

was it that bad i dont know if i even wanna read it now it will screw up my brain

Well to be honest I'm not one for reading novel's, I prefer factual books, so maybe I am not the best person to ask.

My honest opinion was that it was hard work to read those early chapter's and I didn't really enjoy them, but it was only the first two or three chapters, so like others have said maybe it improves later on.

Obvious point, but just because we all love the film it doesn't mean we will all enjoy the book, the book didn't do it for me.

I still may go back and give it another go though.
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...
Riff

Getting the book I have a question though

Postby Monofasp73 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 am

I was really wanting to get her that book.  It would really be cool to have one.  I guess that I will just have to get her a copy of one in print.  Hold on, is there a certain year or copy that is better then the usual print?  I would like to get her one that is special.  Thanks for your time.
[url=http://russian-brides-best.com/]man wife[/url]
Monofasp73

Next

Return to Book