Moonrunners jacket

Discuss costumes from the movie and other clothing & apparel.
User avatar
LIER ONE
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 2034
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: NYC!

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by LIER ONE »

chrismasonic wrote: a quick drawing for those that don't see the tashe angle...
i'm not saying it is or it isn't...
but the white below the nose is this kinda shape
Image
I think this might be right.  The nose and eye, I think is correct. Looking at the screen shots again and the stash. It might be. NC can you show it like this?
"It's on and we're going!"

User avatar
chrismasonic
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Newcastle.England
Contact:

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by chrismasonic »

who made the screen grabs?
are they made from blu-ray?
can they do them individually?

this is complicated isn't it?

User avatar
LIER ONE
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 2034
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: NYC!

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by LIER ONE »

9th posted the grabs don't think they were from blu-ray. Maybe someone can
"It's on and we're going!"

User avatar
chrismasonic
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Newcastle.England
Contact:

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by chrismasonic »

i blu ray screen grab may be better quality...i really don't know the technology

User avatar
wargod
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: indianapolis indiana

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by wargod »

LIER ONE wrote:
chrismasonic wrote: a quick drawing for those that don't see the tashe angle...
i'm not saying it is or it isn't...
but the white below the nose is this kinda shape
Image
I think this might be right.  The nose and eye, I think is correct. Looking at the screen shots again and the stash. It might be. NC can you show it like this?


is the moons stash hanging by like 1 hair look at the bottom left picture it shows it PERFECT

Image
Last edited by wargod on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

User avatar
triscender
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1541
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 am

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by triscender »

why would it have a face and no mouth and have a stash covering the mouth? most half moon designs with a face always have a mouth and teeth. this image of the half moon with a face has been around way before the warriors was even filmed. it's obvious that the costume/logo designer copied other logos, i.e. the WARBIRD!! unless you can start produce images of half moons with stashes, i say its teeth based on historical evidence.

User avatar
wargod
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: indianapolis indiana

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by wargod »

triscender wrote: why would it have a face and no mouth and have a stash covering the mouth? most half moon designs with a face always have a mouth and teeth. this image of the half moon with a face has been around way before the warriors was even filmed. it's obvious that the costume/logo designer copied other logos, i.e. the WARBIRD!! unless you can start produce images of half moons with stashes, i say its teeth based on historical evidence.


INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MOON CAN GROW A STASH
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

User avatar
chrismasonic
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Newcastle.England
Contact:

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by chrismasonic »

the second picture is the only one that looks like a nose ring...
there doesn't have to be a reason to have a tashe...
i would much rather it was teeth but i'm exploring all angles...

i really like NComics design but i can't vote for it cos i don't see the eye and mouth like that...

i'm gonna try and draw another...

User avatar
wargod
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: indianapolis indiana

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by wargod »

IT HAS TO BE A MUSTACHE AND THE THING I THOUGHT WAS A NOSE PIERCING IS JUST A LITTLE PART OF THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MUSTACHE....THAT HAS TO BE IT!!!!
Last edited by wargod on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

User avatar
turnbull gbr
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am
Location: sheffield england

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by turnbull gbr »

turnbull gbr wrote: im 99% certain its a moustache,if you go to the first pics Ninth put up the very bottom left hand pic you can see pretty clear
Page six of this thread, Gbr was 99% certain it was a moustache, a month and a half and 19 pages later people believe. :D

Thanks chrismasonic, the first believer 8)

On a serious note, i've paused the blu-ray and i'm sure its a tash, i cant get screen grabs from the blu-ray though as i don't have a blu-ray drive on my laptop, i think they cost a bomb.
The picture below is the best one i can get from stills on either the directors cut dvd or original dvd, its not got any distortion of the patch just a little blur.
Image
Image
Last edited by turnbull gbr on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

User avatar
wargod
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: indianapolis indiana

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by wargod »

im sowwy  :cry: lol

but yeah turnbull gbr i looked close at the picture i sharpend and it is 100% a mustache. the part i thought was a over bite is just where the designer wanted us to see the other half of the mustache


AND ANOTHER BIT OF PROOF IS HOW ITS EXACTLY UNDERNEATH THE NOSE

      EVERYBODY GIVE A BIG HAND TO [glow=red,2,300]TURNBULL GBR[/glow]
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

User avatar
triscender
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1541
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 am

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by triscender »

right wargod and your ebay doesn't work properly. lol your credibility is shot.

i think you guys are starting to look for a stash and therefore are starting to see a stash. if it's a stash, it's an oddly shaped one at that. it would be a very poorly drawn stash in my opinion and i really dont think the designers would allow that.

its not a stash!!!!!

think of what would make sense

User avatar
turnbull gbr
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am
Location: sheffield england

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by turnbull gbr »

It's a great, perfectly shaped tash, drawn great aswell, you're just not letting your eyes see it
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

User avatar
NComics
Rank: Turnbull AC
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by NComics »

Triscender, my friend, I can't start to ink it since we keep change stuff everyday. For sure I will blue print the lines on another sheet and then ink it, but anyway, I'm not supposed to ink it more then once. I have other paid works to do and I don''t have time to ink it 10 times..

union_jack, thanks a lot. :)

About the drawing by Chris, I just don't think the moon gots another teeth coming from nowhere, it wouldn't have sense, just like the stash. First of all, if it was this way, the teeth would start from over the end of the nose. Just take a look to the new shots somebody posted. So this is just impossible. Again, I don't know how could we draw just a full black eye. That's just how it looks to appear to us, since it is far and in movement. Again, why don't you try to look at other logos from a good distance while they're moving? You will NEVER see it like it really is.

Stash you say?? I don't think so. Just think of this: we got the moon in PROFILE! NOW! You say that's a stash? and the little stuff in front of it's mouth is the other side of the stash?? IMPOSSIBLE! For 2 reasons:

1) I don't think the designer was complete fool.
2) Like I told you before, the moon is in PROFILE. If that little stuff is the other side of the stash, the perspective would have been COMPLETELY WRONG!!

So in definitive, I will not draw the logo super stylized with a black eye and neither with a stash. But if you want a stylized logo with moustaches... well, do what you want....
[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/dAbannerpiccolo.jpg[/img] [img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/logodagrouppiccolo.jpg[/img]
www.8red7.deviantart.com - www.thewarriors-movie.deviantart.com

User avatar
chrismasonic
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Newcastle.England
Contact:

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by chrismasonic »

there is no logical reason why it could not be a moustache...
if the original designer drew a tashe then the moon has a tashe...
it doesn't matter if you shouldn't see the right side of it cos its in profile...it's a drawing
it could quite possibly be a moustashe...theres a good arguement for it...it sure looks like one in the close up...

but if it is teeth...they must be a different shape
as i said earlier i think the NComics drawing is too pro...

Moonrunners didn't get pro graphic designers to do there logo...its DIY...
the letters arn't uniform...
and details on the face more basic...
i know it's very hard not to add your own style to it...almost impossible

i've done another design and addressed some of the problems i have with the NComics one...

Image

this one is ased on the white being teeth...i havn't added any detail to them yet...
and i will do another design with a moustache...i just threw on my felt lettering to give it a more hand done appearance...

Post Reply