The Rap Thread!!!

Hook up with other people who love music!

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby ILLER... » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 am

i love hip-hop in all it's forms.

choons that spring to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7aQwF0bOw
Paper Route Gangsterz - Bama Gettin Money (Southern Hip-hop)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vn0tO3lPJc
Shystie - One Wish (grime)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB4QfYOvwmY
The Bug Feat. Warrior Queen - Insane (Dub-Step)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GZbaXdK8Js
E-40 - Tell me when to go (Bay Area Hip-Hop)


*how abouts a youtube embed moderators
born in the 80s
raised in the 90s
i keep it 100
User avatar
ILLER...
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:04 pm
Location: LA

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby ILLER... » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8Q7pPdH-o
Andre 3000 is gold on this track, it takes a nosedive after his verse tho @ 1:26

give it a listen 4nik8
born in the 80s
raised in the 90s
i keep it 100
User avatar
ILLER...
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:04 pm
Location: LA

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby union_jack » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:17 am

ILLER... wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8Q7pPdH-o
Andre 3000 is gold on this track, it takes a nosedive after his verse tho @ 1:26

give it a listen 4nik8



he's great, outkast have done some fantastic stuff too.

also did anyone hear the blakroc album? not a complete success but some cool stuff and a decent mix of blues and rap that didnt comprimise either end too much.

in short theres lots of great rap out there and a lot of crap too, just like any genre i guess
Image
User avatar
union_jack
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: UK

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby ILLER... » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:05 am

new 'Big Boi' track featured on last weeks "Entourage" (Sex in the City for men) Episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ_iZbcb1uw


"how can Hip-Hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?"-Bobby Digital





P.S. speaking of the RZA... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw3tjdCM3LU
born in the 80s
raised in the 90s
i keep it 100
User avatar
ILLER...
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:04 pm
Location: LA

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby 4nik8 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:07 pm

ILLER... wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8Q7pPdH-o
Andre 3000 is gold on this track, it takes a nosedive after his verse tho @ 1:26

give it a listen 4nik8



Ok, i gave it a listen...

soooo, why did i give it a listen?
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby turnbull gbr » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:45 pm

R.I.P. Guru. one of raps greatest lyrisists. Hope DJ Premier carries on making beats.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**
User avatar
turnbull gbr
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am
Location: sheffield england

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby Lion » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:41 pm

i forgot my boys wu-tang!!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Lion
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby nightarmyWARRIOR » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Here's my list of favorite rap artists:

Ice Cube
MC Ren
Dr. Dre
Eazy-E
N.W.A
Wu-Tang Clan
Eminem
Public Enemy
Run-D.M.C.
Outkast
DMX
2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Sugarhill Gang
Gang Starr
Da Lench Mob
Compton's Most Wanted
Nas
The D.O.C.
Beastie Boys
Snoop Dogg
Nate Dogg
Mobb Deep
Fat Boys
Westside Connection
WC
Kurtis Blow
LL Cool J
Stetsasonic
User avatar
nightarmyWARRIOR
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Croatia

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby The Swan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:41 pm

nightarmyWARRIOR wrote:Here's my list of favorite rap artists:

Ice Cube
MC Ren
Dr. Dre
Eazy-E
N.W.A
Wu-Tang Clan
Eminem
Public Enemy
Run-D.M.C.
Outkast
DMX
2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Sugarhill Gang
Gang Starr
Da Lench Mob
Compton's Most Wanted
Nas
The D.O.C.
Beastie Boys
Snoop Dogg
Nate Dogg
Mobb Deep
Fat Boys
Westside Connection
WC
Kurtis Blow
LL Cool J
Stetsasonic


If you like them, you like (and forgotten) these too.
Eric B & Rakim.
User avatar
The Swan
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby The Swan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm

The Swan wrote:
nightarmyWARRIOR wrote:Here's my list of favorite rap artists:

WOW!!! THIS IS A JOURNEY INTO SOUND!!!

Ice Cube
MC Ren
Dr. Dre
Eazy-E
N.W.A
Wu-Tang Clan
Eminem
Public Enemy
Run-D.M.C.
Outkast
DMX
2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Sugarhill Gang -> Wonder Mike, Master Gee and Big Bank Hank #1!!!
Gang Starr
Da Lench Mob
Compton's Most Wanted
Nas
The D.O.C.
Beastie Boys
Snoop Dogg
Nate Dogg
Mobb Deep
Fat Boys
Westside Connection
WC
Kurtis Blow
LL Cool J
Stetsasonic


If you like them (mine in red, but not too bad the others), you'll like (and maybe forgotten) these too.
Eric B & Rakim
Kool & The Gang
Afrika Bambaataa (Zulu Nation)
LL Cool J
Chaka Khan With Rufus
Ice-T
Maze
Michael Marshall
MC Hammer
Vanilla Ice (even if I know you guys don't like so much Hammer and Vanilla)
and I'd say The Fugees too... and someone else... but I don't rem now.


BTW: I don't remember very well this Song and the Rapper. Let's go back in the '70s OK? You know, maybe it's "The Challenge", Very Famous, but I don't rem the Rapper.
Would you know anything about that?
User avatar
The Swan
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby turnbull gbr » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:19 pm

The Swan wrote:
The Swan wrote:
nightarmyWARRIOR wrote:Here's my list of favorite rap artists:

WOW!!! THIS IS A JOURNEY INTO SOUND!!!

Ice Cube
MC Ren
Dr. Dre
Eazy-E
N.W.A
Wu-Tang Clan
Eminem
Public Enemy
Run-D.M.C.
Outkast
DMX
2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Sugarhill Gang -> Wonder Mike, Master Gee and Big Bank Hank #1!!!
Gang Starr
Da Lench Mob
Compton's Most Wanted
Nas
The D.O.C.
Beastie Boys
Snoop Dogg
Nate Dogg
Mobb Deep
Fat Boys
Westside Connection
WC
Kurtis Blow
LL Cool J
Stetsasonic


If you like them (mine in red, but not too bad the others), you'll like (and maybe forgotten) these too.
Eric B & Rakim
Kool & The Gang
Afrika Bambaataa (Zulu Nation)
LL Cool J
Chaka Khan With Rufus
Ice-T
Maze
Michael Marshall
MC Hammer
Vanilla Ice (even if I know you guys don't like so much Hammer and Vanilla)
and I'd say The Fugees too... and someone else... but I don't rem now.


BTW: I don't remember very well this Song and the Rapper. Let's go back in the '70s OK? You know, maybe it's "The Challenge", Very Famous, but I don't rem the Rapper.
Would you know anything about that?


Grand master flash and the furious five or The sugar hill gang maye?
User avatar
turnbull gbr
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am
Location: sheffield england

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby The Swan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Maybe, more Flash than Sugarhill I think. Let me check.
User avatar
The Swan
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby Eliga11 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:01 am

Yo check it now, yo, yo
Your hoe chose I
I ain't gonna lie
What I look like turnin' down chocha
Drove by, smokin' lye
Recognize a pimp, open your eyes
Hop in the passenger side of the ride
Damn Bleek, can't speak
Uh-huh, okay, what's up, SHUT UP
And close the door
Act like you been in the drop top
On the open road before
Fix your weave, then fix me
Ever gave head doing 160?
Ever seen a pair of kicks this crispy
How you love how the white wife beater fit me
M-dot, him hot, them not
(That's gangsta)
Eliga11
Rank: New Blood
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:44 am

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby ILLER... » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Ever seen a pair of kicks this crispy

very braggadocios.
crispy shoes aren't a good thing right?
User avatar
ILLER...
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:04 pm
Location: LA

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby nightarmyWARRIOR » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:05 pm

The Swan wrote:If you like them, you like (and forgotten) these too.
Eric B & Rakim.


Hehe, you're right. I forgot them. :D

Paid In Full!
User avatar
nightarmyWARRIOR
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Croatia

Previous

Return to The Radio Station [Music Chat]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
cron