Batman 3 - coming in 2012

Off topic discussion.
Scurvy Dog

Re: Batman 3 - coming in 2012

Post by Scurvy Dog »

union_jack wrote: i think you'd have to dilute poison ivy a bit too much to make her palatable for Nolan's Gotham-verse.
Exactly. She wouldn't be green or have powers, or anything like that. Just very skilled with plant toxins, and enough of an environmental nut job to use them. Kind of like how they didn't make Ra's Al-Ghul immortal, or anything like that. Come to think of it, it would be very difficult to work her, even diluted, into the storyline and make it interesting. Then again - if anyone can dilute her to make her fit and make it interesting, it would be Nolan.

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

and frank miller's great at reinventing comic characters within some idea of reality - and his interpretations of batman are the basis for these films i believe

Scurvy Dog

Post by Scurvy Dog »

How about the Ventriloquist? Some schizophrenic criminal who thinks a puppet is talking to him... and carries out his orders.

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Scurvy Dog wrote: How about the Ventriloquist? Some schizophrenic criminal who thinks a puppet is talking to him... and carries out his orders.

Check out the 14 minute mark in the city of scars vid to see the ventriloquist.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

Space Toaster
Warrior

Post by Space Toaster »

The Penguin's also a possibility, he didn't have any 'powers', he was just a very unattractive mob boss. They could probably portray him excellently without having to change him too much to fit the universe.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Scurvy Dog

Post by Scurvy Dog »

Space Toaster wrote: The Penguin's also a possibility, he didn't have any 'powers', he was just a very unattractive mob boss. They could probably portray him excellently without having to change him too much to fit the universe.
As much as I agree, I think Nolan specifically mentioned The Penguin as someone he wouldn't have. I could see him rise up as the head of the Falcone crime family. Maybe he could work though, if he hated being called The Penguin - perhaps even executing a henchman for accidentally calling him that. An unattractive mob boss, trying to take control of the crime families after the Joker disrupted everything - who has a thing for umbrellas. They'd really have to play down the Penguin theme.

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

There is talks of Joseph Gordon Levitt playing THE RIDDLER. Supposedly his acting in INCEPTION is "RIDDLER" type and Nolan is thinking of it. Also there is talks of Johnny Depp taking the role. CATWOMAN has been thrown around too. I believe there is a treatment already written by Nolan's brother. They are both working on the new SUPERMAN as well. EVERYONE (SPIDERMAN, SUPERMAN) are going for the "Nolan" take on superheroes (dark, realistic). I for one loved THE DARK KNIGHT and could see Heath Ledger actually running around Chicago (Gotham). I think his take on the JOKER was amazing. Too bad his "getting too into" his characters, (especially the JOKER) led to his demise.
"It's on and we're going!"

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

Scurvy Dog wrote:
Space Toaster wrote: The Penguin's also a possibility, he didn't have any 'powers', he was just a very unattractive mob boss. They could probably portray him excellently without having to change him too much to fit the universe.
As much as I agree, I think Nolan specifically mentioned The Penguin as someone he wouldn't have. I could see him rise up as the head of the Falcone crime family. Maybe he could work though, if he hated being called The Penguin - perhaps even executing a henchman for accidentally calling him that. An unattractive mob boss, trying to take control of the crime families after the Joker disrupted everything - who has a thing for umbrellas. They'd really have to play down the Penguin theme.

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

i agree but would like to point out as Alan Moore said "witnessing your parents murder at a young age is likely to lead to many problems in adult life; insecurity, a life of introspection - it is unlikely however to cause you to become a bat-themed vigilante" all im saying is at the end of the day bat and penguin character themes are equally as bizarre - hence they exist in that same DC universe.

Who's everyones favourite batman characters anyway? I guess the joker huh?

I notice the Mad Hatter's got his own one shot comic recently - what about him for the film, anyone?

Space Toaster
Warrior

Post by Space Toaster »

I'm really kind of praying they don't use Catwoman, not just because I hate her but...well, actually, yeah, it's because I hate her. And I don't want to watch two hours of sexual tension between her and Batman. I imagine by the third movie Batman will still be boohooing about Rachel anyway. (I couldn't stand her, I thought she was annoying as hell.)

The Joker and Harley Quinn have always been my favorites, ever since I used to watch the Batman Animated Series. I wasn't so big on Batman Beyond.

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

i heard harley quinn was invented for the animated series but was just popular as hell

Lion

Post by Lion »

i don't see the point of another character believable besides the riddler. like i mentioned before, i really don't see a part 3 necessary.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Space Toaster
Warrior

Post by Space Toaster »

It kind of is considering where The Dark Knight left off. Batman is now the 'villain' because he's taking the blame for what Two-Face did to keep Harvey Dent's White Knight image safe. In the third sequel, Gotham's going to want his help again when the new villain comes out to play, and he has a chance to redeem himself. (Even though he was taking blame for things he didn't do)

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Plus it's all about the money and Nolan's BATMAN makes BOX OFFICE BUCKS!!!!!!! They will keep making them until Nolan says no (and would you if they were throwing $$$ @ you?) or if it stops making money.
"It's on and we're going!"

Lion

Post by Lion »

LIER ONE wrote:There is talks of Joseph Gordon Levitt playing THE RIDDLER. Supposedly his acting in INCEPTION is "RIDDLER" type and Nolan is thinking of it. Also there is talks of Johnny Depp taking the role. CATWOMAN has been thrown around too. I believe there is a treatment already written by Nolan's brother. They are both working on the new SUPERMAN as well. EVERYONE (SPIDERMAN, SUPERMAN) are going for the "Nolan" take on superheroes (dark, realistic). I for one loved THE DARK KNIGHT and could see Heath Ledger actually running around Chicago (Gotham). I think his take on the JOKER was amazing. Too bad his "getting too into" his characters, (especially the JOKER) led to his demise.
well joseph gordon levitt will be the riddler, better than johnny depp i think.

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

Scurvy Dog wrote:OK, so most of us have enjoyed the current Batman series directed by Christopher Nolan. He says he has finished the script for the third film and expects to release it in 2012. He also says that it will be the last Batman film he makes, and he does want to keep with the feel of the current series.

We already know there will be no Robin in any of his films, and that he has gone for realism (as much as possible, anyway) with the villains - so we won't see anything like Bane or Killer Croc.

Let's talk about what we'd like to see in the movie - how he wraps up the series. I'd like to see The Riddler as a villain this time. Not a cheesy, Jim Carrey Riddler. Something more along the lines of Kevin Spacey in the movie Seven - a demented sociopath who loves to challenge and string along the police (and Batman), taunting them with a puzzle and challenging them to solve it.

The guy who played Coleman Reese could play The Riddler, since he knows Batman's identity. Something would have to lure Batman back into action... but what?
Since we had "Batman Begins" and "Dark Knight", will the third one be called "Caped Crusader"?